Friday 2 April 2010

A bit of news

I've been a bit quiet recently, but I have some exciting news. In three weeks time I'll be leaving my current job at the museum where I have been for ten years, and will be entirely freelance. This is of course equally exciting and scary at the same time, but I'm really looking forwards to having more time to work on projects, design new patterns and do a lot more teaching. I have several research projects that have been on the back burner for a couple of years now, and it will be so nice to be able to concentrate on those again.

I'm going to be helping out and teaching at several fibre retreats and textile workshops at Cwmoernant Farm in Carmarthen again this year, do have a look at their list of events, they are marvellous value in lovely surroundings with fabulous food and friendly people, would be wonderful to see a few of you there.
www.cwmoernantfarm.co.uk/courses

2 comments:

Simon Dawson said...

Congratulations on the new job. I've been a freelance writer for the last four years, and although it's not my only source of income, we also do farmers' markets, etc, it does settle most of the monthly bills. Once you go freelance, you'll never go back. Lots of luck.

prk2406@gmail.com said...

Dear Ms. Pointer

Congratulations on going freelance.

I look forward with great interest in seeing your completed new projects, on the back burner. Wanted to thank you very much for your Thrum and Voyageur Cap Patterns. I can't wait to get started!!