11/12 June 2011
Alternative Corsetry and Crafts Weekend
- Need room to work on your latest project?
- Fed up with crawling round on the living room floor to cut out large pieces of fabric and wish you had access to a really large table or a vast amount of floorspace to lay things out on? We have a whole barn to use to set out big projects.
- Want to learn simple embellishment techniques for costume and jewellery?
- Fancy getting to grips with the history and mysteries of corsetry?
- Need access to a sewing machine, overlocker or knitting machine for a couple of days? Want a hand from experienced seamstresses to finish a project?
- Want to try silk painting, feltmaking, have a go with a Victorian sock machine, or just enjoy browsing our extensive library of costuming books?
Come along to our alternative making and modifying weekend and have a great time getting on with your existing projects or trying some new techniques.
All food and accommodation (camping barn or bring your own tent) included, expect good farmhouse cooking, plenty of homemade cake, and cosy evenings round the woodburning stove (feel free to bring your own alcoholic drinks, endless tea, coffee and herb teas provided).
Price just £85 per person (arrive from friday evening, depart sunday late afternoon)
Located on a beautiful Welsh smallholding in Carmarthen, easy to reach by road, rail or bus
To book, visit www.cwmoernantfarm.co.uk
This will be a very relaxed and friendly weekend, catering for everyone from 'make do and mend' vintage fashion interests through historical costuming, steampunk or alternative streetwear.
The same site is also running several excellent value Fibre Retreats this year, aimed at those who want to get away from it all for a few days and be marvellously fed whilst working on their spinning, knitting, crochet or dyeing (or any other textile based craft) projects.
It would be lovely to see a few of you there!